Wednesday, 8 October 2014

DESIGN

We are making a lavender bag and my design specifications will be:

  • it should not be bigger than about half an a4 sheet of paper
  • it should have a regular rectangular shape 
  • I must use at least 3 techniques I have learned -
  • I must include tie dye
  • I must include embroidery
  • I must include machine sewing
  • the bag will have an animal theme
  • the bag will be made using 2 pieces sewn onto the 2 pieces for the background
  • the front and the back of my bag must be tie-dyed by me
1.



These are my initial ideas. I chose this because -
  • it can be made using 2 pieces sewn onto the main bag
  • it does not need so much space and can fit into about half of an a4 sheet of paper
  • it has an animal theme
  • it can be made on a regular rectangular shape
  • I can use a minimum of 3 techniques to make it
  • it can have a tie dye background


2.



This is approximately the size of my bag and the design that would be sewn on to it. 


4.




After I made the final design I traced out the two pieces I would need to make my bag and cut them out.

5.

Then I arranged the pieces to make my shape.

6.

This is the step in which I placed the two pieces on a piece of paper and getting an idea of approximately how big my bag will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment